What is AVID SUCCESS?
Engages and Supports AVID Students Over a 15-Year Horizon from Middle School to College and Beyond
AVID SUCCESS helps Greenwich Public School (GPS) AVID students and alumni achieve college and career success by providing essential extensions to the GPS AVID experience. The types of supports & levels of engagement vary and are tailored to meets the differing needs of each age group. Many programs span multiple age groups while others are unique to a particular phase of the student life cycle. AVID SUCCESS also supports the GPS AVID Educators who are a key component of the AVID program and student success.
For Middle School Students
- Getting to College Supports: College Visits, Paying for College Information Sessions
- Family Programs: Thanksgiving and Holiday Celebrations
- Good Money Habits: Financial Literary Experiences
- Team Building and Community Service: Classroom Workshops, Volunteer opportunities
For High School Students
- Good Money Habits: Financial Literacy Experiences, Educate & Prosper College Savings Accounts
- Jobs & Professional Tools: Jobs Board, Career Exploration, Professional Profiles, Internships
- Mentoring & Coaching: 1-to-1 Mentoring beginning in 11th grade, Coaching small groups of students on designated topics
- Getting to College Supports: Student Sponsorships, College Panels & Visits, Assist with College Application Process, Paying for College Programs
- Family Programs: AVID Acceptance & Graduation Celebrations, Financial Literacy Support
For Alumni (COLLEGE Students & Beyond)
- Getting to College Support: College Bookstore Gift Cards, Dorm Supplies
- Mentoring: Personal mentor to help navigate the college experience
- Financial Support: Scholarships, Student Sponsorships
- Jobs & Professional Tools: Bench of Experts, Internships, Networking Support, Career Counseling
- Engagement & Paying It Forward: Alumni Events, Future Mentors and Donors, Supporting AVID SUCCESS & Alliance Events
- Professional Learning: Participation in AVID National Conference
- Summer Stipends: Programmatic planning for upcoming school year
- Research & Development: Using data to design new programs based on student needs
- Events & Team Building: Offer opportunities for educators to collaborate in an informal setting
Help Us Support AVID Students!
Be a Mentor, Coach or Bench Expert
Provide Jobs and Career Advice
Sponsor a Student or Donate to the Scholarship Fund
JOIN THE TEAM!
Join Our E-Mail List
Greenwich Alliance for Education
48 Maple Avenue
Greenwich, CT 06830